Drop Off Procedures
In an effort to keep our students safe during morning drop off it is imperative to follow the standard drop off procedures. As a reminder to these procedures that are outlined in the Milltown Public Schools Handbook, please review and adhere to the following:
- When dropping off your children, please pull past the crossing guard and the cones located directly across from the library in an effort to avoid traffic on West Church Street and Main Street.
- Students should not be dropped off before the crosswalk because of the danger it poses. Walking across the school parking lot is prohibited due to the amount of cars entering and leaving at that time.
- After pulling up to an open area on the right hand side of the street, let your children out of the car and immediately proceed to leave down West Church Street. Waiting with your child in the car causes major delays and can indirectly cause alternate drop off areas which is a serious safety concern.
- In the event that you have to pull over on the left hand side of the street, be sure to have your child(ren) cross at the cross walk with the crossing guard. Never let them run across the street. (PLEASE MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO AVOID THIS SCENARIO.)
- It is important that grandparents, friends, babysitters, guardians, and/or anyone else dropping off your children in the morning are aware of these procedures.
Please also refer to the morning procedure page under inclement weather where we highlight the process of allowing students to enter the building at 8:25 am, as opposed to 8:35 am on cold and/or bad weather days.